All photography provided by Jared Chambers
Fight For lifers west is dedicated to supporting people sentenced to life without parole and their loved ones, while striving to improve the criminal justice system and building positive community relationships.
We advocate for lifer inmates and their loved ones, discuss ways to effect change and offer support. We believe the Life With-Out Parole is both archaic and inhumane. It violates Article 8 of the U.S. Constitution against cruel and unusual punishment. Therefore, changes in PA law need to be implemented. We try to recruit others, enlist public support and contact members of the PA Legislature when we feel laws need to be changed.
What We've Achieved
- Lifer Essay Contest: To bring the stories of our loved ones inside to the forefront.
- Connecting with Community Churches.
- Grassroots organizing centered around support, solidarity and representing all rights.
- Petitions against Human Rights Violations in Prisons
- Representing and listening to the families of lifers.
- Bringing this issue to light.